U9 Mixed Contact
U9 Squad Information
Age Grade Regulations
To start Under 9s in September you need to be 8 before the 31 August - ie going in to Year 4 at school.
Players will be introduced to contact rugby this season, with the focus on developing both skills and confidence in a safe, controlled environment.
Under 9s train on Sunday mornings between 9 and 10.30 on Pitch 2.
Players will need the following:
- Comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing with no hoods or zips. Layers are a good idea for colder days and gloves/beanie hats are fine too
- Studded boots (studs should be either full moulded or full metal - NO METAL TIPS)
- Named bottle of water
It is not mandatory, but should you wish to buy M&Js branded kit we have a range of items, including clothing, accessories and mouthguards available from
- our Shop on a Sunday morning (in the container between Pitches 2 and 4)
- JSSK at Quennevais Precinct
- online at Jersey Reds Minis & Juniors | Jersey Schools & Sports Kit (jssk.co.uk)
Kindly remember that any player without a mouthguard will not be able to participate fully in training.