U10 Mixed Contact
Under 10 Squad Information
Age Grade Regulations
To join the U10 squad in September you need to be 9 years old by 31st August and starting Year 5 at school.
At Under 10, players are encouraged to further develop their contact game. Coaching will build on the tackling skills introduced last season, as well as continuing with drills and fun games to help embed core handling skills.
This season we introduce a 3-player uncontested scrum, as well as 1-on-1 ruck and maul. All contact elements are introduced gradually and in a safe and controlled manner by our qualified coaches.
Games are 8-a-side and 15 minutes each way.
Players will need the following:
- Comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing with no hoods or zips. Layers are a good idea for colder days and gloves/beanie hats are fine too
- Studded boots (studs should be either full moulded or full metal - NO METAL TIPS)
- Named bottle of water
It is not mandatory, but should you wish to buy M&Js branded kit we have a range of items, including clothing, accessories and mouthguards available from
- our Shop on a Sunday morning (in the container between Pitches 2 and 4)
- JSSK at Quennevais Precinct
- online at Jersey Reds Minis & Juniors | Jersey Schools & Sports Kit (jssk.co.uk)
Kindly remember that any player without a mouthguard will not be able to participate fully in training.
Under 10s train on Sunday mornings between 9 and 10.30 on Pitch 5.
Under 10s are proudly sponsored by Sentinel