U11 Mixed Contact
Under 11 Squad Information
Age Grade Regulations
To join the U11 squad in September you need to be 10 years old by 31st August and starting Year 6 at school.
The game is further developed in Under 11, with the introduction of a strike in the scrum, which remains 3-person and uncontested.
2 support players per team are permitted in the ruck and maul, and kicking is introduced for the first time within a 9-a-side game.
Under 11s is the final year group in which boys and girls play mixed contact rugby.
Under 11s train on Sunday mornings from 9-10.30am on Pitch 4.
Players will need the following:
- Comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing with no hoods or zips. Layers are a good idea for colder days and gloves/beanie hats are fine too
- Studded boots (studs should be either full moulded or full metal - NO METAL TIPS)
- Named bottle of water
It is not mandatory, but should you wish to buy M&Js branded kit we have a range of items, including clothing, accessories and mouthguards available from
- our Shop on a Sunday morning (in the container between Pitches 2 and 4)
- JSSK at Quennevais Precinct
- online at Jersey Reds Minis & Juniors | Jersey Schools & Sports Kit (jssk.co.uk)
Kindly remember that any player without a mouthguard will not be able to participate fully in training.
The under 11s are proudly sponsored by Ports of Jersey.